Thursday, April 28, 2016

Clothe?

Dear Readers, 

I know this is off topic but I recently I have been selling some of my old stuffs on Mudah. 

I received a SMS from an unknown number asking me to email halinarosa01@hotmail.com. 

That person sounds fishy and weird. He/she told me that she is residing in Wales and wants to buy "clothe" for her relatives in Johore.


Clothe? Like seriously. Clothe? 
This is what the scammer wrote to me.

"Hello dear,I re-side in Wales but i'm purchasing this item for my Relative who lives in Malaysia,I would like the item to be sent via EMS express service or FEDEX,kindly get back to me with the total cost to be paid including the shipping cost and I will be making your payment by bank transfer or paypal,thank you and hope we can get to know each other better from here."

Anyway, I googled this email address and found out that it is a scam. I did not proceed any further and deleted the email straight away.

From what I read from Google,

That person will make an order (even without checking whether it is the right item, they just simply make an order) and later on, ask for your bank account number.

The scammer does sound desperate for the items and also fishy. He/she just ordered without making any further inquiry regarding the items. Fishy isn't it?

Many victims have fallen into this scammer's trap and have sent the items without receiving any money. Scammers are everywhere. Lesson learnt, I am glad that I googled this email address before taking any further steps.

We have to be extremely careful to not fall trap into the scammers' game. Also,
Do Not Pick Up An Unknown Number. 

Speaking of that, yesterday an unknown number tried calling me and when I failed to pick up, I received a text asking me to email halinarosa01@hotmail.com.

Oh well, Be aware and Stay Safe! 


No comments:

Post a Comment